Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Breaking the Hold of Mold in Molino
Don't allow mold to take over your life.
It is impossible to entirely eliminate mold from the planet, so the best we can do is keep mold from growing. It starts as a tiny spore, but the spores are too small to see, and too tough to kill. We can get rid of growing mold because it is visible, and we can control the moisture it needs to grow.
If a home- or business-owner in or around Molino suspects or sees water damage, the person should expect mold. Call SERVPRO® of North Pensacola at 850-466-3076 or send a message online. SERVPRO is available 24/7 without exception.
Why hurry? Why SERVPRO of North Pensacola?
• Mold can start growing between 24-28 hours after exposure to moisture, so if we can deprive it of moisture earlier, the spores will not grow
• To prevent further problems, we are Faster to any size disaster
• SERVPRO has the right equipment
• The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that homeowners who attempt to mitigate mold do so only if it covers a small area
• The EPA requires business owners to hire professionals
• If the spores land inside a wall that is not completely dry, the mold grows
• Substances that kill growing mold are harsh enough that people need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Ignoring the mold will not make it go away
? Mold grows only on surfaces that it can consume, which means the mold will destroy whatever it lives on
? The more mold there is, the more it can grow
? It is smelly
? It is unsightly
? It may trigger allergies or other problems
SERVPRO of North Pensacola will make the area look “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of North Pensacola is independently owned and operated.
Dehumidifying Your Home
When you live in Northwest Florida, humidity is inevitable. The warm weather we enjoy so much is saturated by a significant amount of water, which generates the excessive moisture around you. While many fear what the humidity means for their hair or their skin, have you thought about what it means for your home?
In humid climates, homes run serious risk of damage from collecting all of the moisture the air carries. A common result of high humidity levels in your home is mold. Mold grows quickly in warm, damp conditions and can fester into an entire colony within 24 hours of their spores attaching themselves to surfaces and feeding. As mold grows and spreads throughout your home, allergens and irritants are released into the air which creates a dangerous situation for you and your family. The allergens and irritants can become toxic, causing respiratory problems and other health issues.
That’s why it’s critically important to take steps in preventing mold growth in the first place. We recommend starting with a dehumidifier for your home. Using a dehumidifier will help you maintain optimal humidity levels that are both healthy and comfortable. Running fans, and checking on your HVAC system will also help keep the humidity down. Make sure everything is running smoothly and functioning properly to help circulate air flow, and if you need help with an inspection you can always call SERVPRO of North Pensacola. We’ll also help check your vents, filters, and make sure everything is in good working condition.
If you do discover mold growing in your home, it should be dealt with immediately - it can be harmful to your home and your health. Call SERVPRO of North Pensacola at 850-466-3076 and our quick response team will be there to begin the mold remediation process right away.
Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Pensacola for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of North Pensacola specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.