SERVPRO of North Pensacola Wins the Battle Against Mold
Hurricane Sally dumped more than two feet of rain in four hours, then continued to add rain even after being downgraded from a hurricane to a tropical storm. South Florida is used to rain. It expects rain but getting four months’ worth of rain in just a few hours would be too much for any city.
All of us at SERVPRO® of North Pensacola live in this area. We know how serious the floods are.
If it feels that our homes and businesses will never dry out, remember we have lived through major storms before, and we will live through this one. The floods from Hurricane Sally will go down.
A SERVPRO of North Pensacola motto: Here to Help. ®
Call us anytime at 850-466-3076.
Emergency services are available all day, every day of every week, every single week. Hurricanes and floods don’t take off for vacations, weekends, or odd hours. We don’t either.
SERVPRO of North Pensacola
Standing water almost always leads to the growth of mold and other types of microbial growth. Mold spores are always present and need only a little excess water to start growing into live mold colonies. Excess water, even high humidity, leads to mold growth within 24 to 48 hours.
We have nationally recognized certifications in:
- Water extraction
- Remediation from water damage
- Mold mitigation
Because water does more damage the longer it sits, we want to get on site as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO of North Pensacola is an independent company, but we have national resources. In a large-scale flood such as this one, we can call on other franchises to send trained technicians and extra equipment.
We are never too busy to help our neighbors.
Count on us to:
- Arrive quickly
- Extract water
- Measure the humidity, extract hidden moisture from the air and the structure itself
- Remove mold colonies
- Ensure there is no excess moisture
- Make restoration a priority over removal and replacement
- Remove any unsalvageable drywall, carpet, or belongings
- Clean and disinfect all parts of the structure
- Clean and disinfect belongings
- Remove odors
- Replace damaged carpet, tile, drywall
- Repair the roof
- Restore damaged materials
- Document our procedures
- Work directly with most insurance companies
Facts about Mold
- The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) recommends that homeowners hire professionals to provide mold mitigation, as commercially available products are not always enough to kill mold.
- Even dead mold colonies are dangerous to people who have compromised immune systems or who are allergic to mold.
- The EPA requires business owners to hire professionals for mold mitigation unless the mold-infested area is no larger than nine square feet.
- Mold spores travel where-ever the air does, so there may be more mold than non-professionals can find.
Remember to Call SERVPRO of North Pensacola
Whatever kind of damage, we are available to clean, disinfect, and restore.