Dehumidifying Your Home
When you live in Northwest Florida, humidity is inevitable. The warm weather we enjoy so much is saturated by a significant amount of water, which generates the excessive moisture around you. While many fear what the humidity means for their hair or their skin, have you thought about what it means for your home?
In humid climates, homes run serious risk of damage from collecting all of the moisture the air carries. A common result of high humidity levels in your home is mold. Mold grows quickly in warm, damp conditions and can fester into an entire colony within 24 hours of their spores attaching themselves to surfaces and feeding. As mold grows and spreads throughout your home, allergens and irritants are released into the air which creates a dangerous situation for you and your family. The allergens and irritants can become toxic, causing respiratory problems and other health issues.
That’s why it’s critically important to take steps in preventing mold growth in the first place. We recommend starting with a dehumidifier for your home. Using a dehumidifier will help you maintain optimal humidity levels that are both healthy and comfortable. Running fans, and checking on your HVAC system will also help keep the humidity down. Make sure everything is running smoothly and functioning properly to help circulate air flow, and if you need help with an inspection you can always call SERVPRO of North Pensacola. We’ll also help check your vents, filters, and make sure everything is in good working condition.
If you do discover mold growing in your home, it should be dealt with immediately - it can be harmful to your home and your health. Call SERVPRO of North Pensacola at 850-466-3076 and our quick response team will be there to begin the mold remediation process right away.